Norman Galloway Lettings have moved website. Please click the link to be redirected. or contact us at the office now 0115 697 2829


Do you need help with landlord licensing. We can help with HMO or selective licensing applications.


We can find you a tenant. Our letting services start from £250 for a tenant find.


Full management is £39 per month per tenancy for property management to landlords in Nottinghamshire.


We have some amazing opportunities for investors to earn yields of over 15% and ROI upto 25%.

Tenants Application Process

Where are our properties advertised?

All our properties are advertised on all the major portals including Rightmove and Facebook Market Place. We are always getting new properties so if you are looking to move soon then you should register straightaway.

Would you like to View a property?

If you would like to view a property then you need to click the “View a Property” form where you will be asked to tell us some basic information about yourself and upload some form of Identification so that we know who you are before we send someone out to meet you.

Would you like to apply for a property?

Once you have seen the property and have decided you would like to rent it you must complete a tenant application form. All our forms are easily accessible online and can be completed in minutes. You can upload any documents that we need using your computer, tablet or smartphone. However if you get stuck we are always on hand.

Preventing Homelessness

We are committed to helping prevent homelessness and have a project where we are working in partnership with Ashfield Borough Council, Bassetlaw District Council, Broxtowe District Council, Gedling Borough Council, Mansfield District Council, Newark and Sherwood District Council and Rushcliffe Borough Council.

Take a look at our application form to learn more.

When ever we assess tenants for our properties we look at the whole situation, so if we ask you for extra information then that is normal. We don’t discriminate bewtween people who are working and those who claim benefits.

We will reach out and request details of any previous landlords to confirm the length of your tenancy and to check what you have told us is correct. It is important for the sustainability of the tenancy for us to know how you have managed your previous tenancies.

We will reach out to your current employer to find out what you are telling us is correct. We will ask them to confirm details of employment, salary, occupation nd length and type of employment. In case of self-employment we will most likely look more at your banking details.

It’s not a problem if you are claiming housing benefit or Universal Credit so please don’t worry. The main advice we can give you is to complete the application form honestly and include as much details as possible about all the income that you get. We will look at the Local Authority Housing Rates so it is important to tell us all about who will be living in the property.

Please don’t be worried when we ask for proof of your ‘Right to Rent’ because the law requires us to do this. Every tenant that rents a property has to do this in England. Even if you are a British Citizen. Where you are not an EU Citizen you will be required to provide a vaild visa.

Any tenants will be screened to ensure that they hold valid visas and permits to reside and/or work in the UK.

Standard Guarantor

If you can provide a guarantor then your application will be stronger. Sometimes landlords will require a guarantor before they even consider you as a tenant.

Can’t provide a Guarantor

If you can provide a guarantor that is a homeowner your application will become very strong. However if you can’t provide a guarantor your application will still be judged on its own merits.

Students Guarantor

Where ever possible we require a parent/guardian guarantor for all student properties. However, if this is not possible then please get in touch with us. We understand that some students will not have parental guarantors as you maybe; a Care Leavers, Migrant or Refugees.

Local Authority Guarantor

In some curcumstances we will accept Local Authority guarantors because you may not have any recourse to public funds and maybe getting help. You maybe a care leaver or you may have experienced some problems and therefore getting some extra help from the housing options team.

You need an email address ot complete our online forms and we will ask you to accept tenancy related documents from us in an electronic format. The law says that we need to give you certain documents before you move in to the property or sign the tenancy agreement. Wherever possible you should make sure you have an email address before completing our forms

Don’t worry if you don’t have an email address

If you don’t have an email address that is ok. We are happy to give you everything in printed format. Please get in touch as early as possible so we can work with you to make sure you are not disadvantaged during the application process.

Your application will be judged individually and everything you tell us will be used to make an informed choice. Our priorities are that;

  1. That you live in a decent and safe home
  2. That your landlord recieves the rent
  3. That you look after the property and communicate well
  4. That you don’t cause a nuisance to your neigbours.

We will work closely with Local Authorities (LA’s) to mediate between them and landlords. Many LA’s have schemes in place where they will provide a bond in replacement of a deposit. Some will even pay rent in advance and all of them are required to put a plan in place to help you sustain any tenancy that you manage to get.

We accept bonds and our landlords will always listen to our recommendations.

Getting a deposit is a major barrier to obtaining a tenancy and we understand how hard things can get. However our number one priority is that the tenancy is sustainable so we may require a more in-depth conversation and a multi-agency approach.