£25K Basic OTE £50K with Commission / Sales and Lettings Manager Required
Job Title: Sales and Lettings Manager
Areas: Nottinghamshire/ East Midlands
Salary Band: Basic £20-25,000.00 depending on qualifications and experience – huge opportunity to earn 10% – 15% commission.
Benefits: Highly competitive performance related bonus scheme, employee benefits programme (includes health plan, employee assistance programme and discounted retailer scheme), contributory pension plan, pool company car, laptop, mobile phone.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
This is a Job opportunity for a dynamic Sales and Letting Manager to be an integral part of our senior management team. We are a young property management agency who have a unique approach to the property market. You will help build a team to manage the property portfolio that treats both employees and customers with honesty, trust and integrity.
We are offering the successful applicant a salary of up to £25,000.00 depending on skills and experience with a highly competitive bonus package, contributory pension scheme, attractive employee benefits package (including health plan, employee assistance programme and discounted retailer scheme), pool company car, laptop and mobile phone.
With a view of building the business through nurturing a dynamic and caring team based on family values, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented, hands on Sales and Lettings Manager to develop their career. Reporting to the Directors, we are looking for a person centred, agile, forward-thinking Lettings and Sales Manager. The successful applicant will have the following:
- A sound working knowledge of the industry; having knowledge of the Selective Licensing and The Fitness for Human Habitation Bill would be an advantage but not essential.
- Has a hands-on approach to leadership.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Confident communicator.
- The ability to prioritise a varied workload.
- Proven track record of generating profit.
The Letting and Sales Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the business including:
- Registering new customers looking to rent properties, in person, via the web and over the phone.
- Book and conduct property viewings.
- Lead, grow and nurture an enthusiastic team.
- Negotiate offers between applicants and landlords.
- Aiding the growth of the business through canvassing (in your local area, over social media and networking) and obtaining referrals from a variety of sources.
- Build relationships with tenants/landlords and local business alike.
- Ensuring everyone receives our industry leading customer service, supporting them all the way through the property management journey and ensuring they are happy with our service.
- Manage all areas of compliance relating to lettings, sales, repairs and maintenance.
We are a Company with family values and enjoy delivering an exceptional service to our landlords and tenants for the good of the wider community.
Salary: £20,000 to £23,000.00 + Discretionary Bonus Scheme/ On Target Earnings.
Company Contributory Pension, Health Care Plan, Employee Assistance Programme and Retail Discount Card.
Holidays: 20 days holidays per year and 8 Bank Holidays.
Equipment: Laptop/tablet, mobile phone, pool car/van.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week which flexible over 7 days and includes evenings and Bank Holidays, (any extra or unsociable hours compensated either by time of in lieu or extra pay at the going rate at the time)
Training and development: There is a training budget to develop additional competences and qualifications such as Arla, HHSRS, PAT, Electrical, Health and Safety and First Aid.
Reports to: You will be managing your own schedule but will report into Director Diane Bialek.
Location/mobility: You will be located in a brand new store in Nottingham with requirement to travel locally to manage sales, instructions and viewings, and nationwide travel to courses, events and conferences as required
Role purpose: To deliver a first-class service to landlords, applicants and tenants through developing and managing efficient processes and loyal relationships. To manage advertising, negotiations and transactions effectively, working with the Directors to ensure high quality communication and compliance at all touchpoints. To meet all sales and lettings targets.
You will have a hands on approach to repairing and renovating properties.
- Support with valuation of properties to let, liaising with landlords to market properties in the most appropriate manner to maximise the rentable value.
- Support the production of reports, brochures, promotional information and other written material.
- Manage and maintain an accurate applicant/tenant database, providing applicants/tenants and landlords with regular feedback on progress.
- Advise landlords of legal obligations regarding gas, electricity, fire, furnishings, HHSRS, Fitness for Human Habitation Bill and Licensing.
- Maintain property records, ensuring all safety certificates are up to date.
- Meet and register new applicants providing a consistently excellent service.
- Book in viewings in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- Ensure properties are in good condition so as to enable successful viewings.
- Refer any property maintenance requirements to Property Maintenance Manager.
- Process new tenancies, ensuring the progression process is prompt and completed quickly.
- Coordinate lettings through to move-in deadlines, inventory checks, cleaning and interim home visits where required as agreed.
- Manage end of tenancy procedure, confirming any follow up with Directors.
- Negotiate the letting of properties.
- Prepare tenancy agreements, ensuring they are dispatched without delay.
- Pro-actively sell company ancillary products.
- Negotiate and execute tenancy renewals.
- Generate new business.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting landlord and tenant relationships.
- Support the Sales side of the business as required which will include generating sales leads through things such as networking, cold calling and attending trade events/conferences.
- Consistently provide exceptional customer service to ensure we deliver on commitments to retain customers and ensure they become referrers to new future customers.
- Monitor own performance against targets and take action to improve volume/conversions.
- Prepare for and actively participate in all meetings relevant to your own performance and that of the Company.
- Comply with and actively encourage all procedures relating to all current legal legislation relating to the market and industry.
- Ensure the Customer Relationship Management System and all notes are consistently and accurately updated.
- Manage financial control of the lettings and Sales process.
Desirable Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Negotiation and selling skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to maintain a positive relationship with customers and colleagues; ability to provide positive and constructive feedback
- Strong organisation skills
- Willingness to take on responsibility and use initiative, taking pre-emptive action to deal with anticipated problems
- Understanding of, and interest in, the local property market and the process of buying and selling property
- Experience in Customer Service and ideally CRM based experience
- Proven ability to achieve or exceed sales against target performance
- Team player
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to analyse problems and provide effective solutions
- Maintains a calm, credible and professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Have a full driving licence and use of a vehicle
- Achieved or progressing towards ARLA Property Mark Certification
Ability to work flexibly and independently (may include weekends)
Nature and Scope
The Letting and Sales Manager role is a specific job role within the Business.
The role provides an important service, with the aim of developing the lettings side of the business to increase market share and make the company more profitable. Working on behalf of the Directors the job holder will endeavour to monitor the lettings process to ensure that all procedures are adhered to in accordance with property law and legislation. To support, train and develop a lettings team to meet and exceed all targets as required.
Whilst the Lettings and Sales Manager will be expected to work flexibly across all work areas. The job holder needs to liaise with staff at all levels, as well as clients and third-party suppliers as appropriate.
It is important that he/she demonstrates
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The role holder will be expected to participate in this process.