Please apply for this role through Broxtowe Youth Homelessness.
Designation: Placement Coordinator
Salary: £21,589 per annum pro rata
Location: Broxtowe Youth Homelessness (Stapleford) and
Hours of Duty: 37.5 hours per week
Responsible to: Project Manager
- Engage with young people in care and support them to access the Care 2 Work project.
- Deliver ‘Care to Work’ training to provide the skills young people need to go into work and help determine suitable work placement for individual care leavers.
- Establish and develop work placement opportunities for care leavers with local businesses.
- Work with businesses to prepare for a care leaver to be placed with them, including interview/initial meeting, safeguarding measures, scheme of work and point of contact.
- Support care leaver with initial meeting/interview at work placement.
- Work with care leavers before placement to organise practical elements of their work placement, e.g transport, clothing, lunch, etc.
- Support both care leaver and business through the work placement, including one visit during placement and any problem solving.
- Gather feedback from care leaver and business after the work placement.
- Help the young person to get a reference from the business and understand the skills they have gained from the experience.
- Provide feedback and data to support the project and be used demonstrate the importance of the project.
- Any other duties which may be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post as defined. This is subject to the provision that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated by negotiation into the Job Description in specific terms.