Lettings Negotiator £16K-£20K +OTE
This is a full time Job opportunity for an experienced Lettings Negotiator based in our brand-new agency in Nottingham. We are young letting agency and property management company who have a unique approach to the property market.
Job Title: Lettings Negotiator
Areas: Nottinghamshire/ East Midlands
Salary Band: Between £16-£20,000.00 + OTE depending on qualifications and experience but lots of potential for bonus.
Benefits: Highly competitive performance related bonus scheme, employee benefits programme (includes health plan, employee assistance programme and discounted retailer scheme), contributory pension plan, pool car/vehicle, laptop, mobile phone.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
We are offering the successful applicant a salary of up to £20,000.00 plus OTE depending on skills and experience with a highly competitive bonus package, contributory pension scheme, attractive employee benefits package (including health plan, employee assistance programme and discounted retailer scheme), after a successful probationary period opportunity for the use of a company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone.
This is what we are looking for:
- Experienced Lettings Negotiator
- Skills in; Lettings administration, viewings, liaising with landlords, tenants and Local Authorities
- Property Inspections and reporting
- ARLA/HHSRS cert/registration preferred.
- Clean full driving licence.
We are a Company with family values and enjoy delivering an exceptional service to our landlords and tenants for the good of the wider community.
Salary: £16,000 to £20,000.00 + Discretionary Bonus Scheme/ On Target Earnings.
Company Contributory Pension, Health Care Plan, Employee Assistance Programme and Retail Discount Card.
Holidays: 20 days holidays per year and 8 Bank Holidays.
Equipment: Laptop/tablet, mobile phone, pool car/van as required and subject to satisfactory probationary period.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, flexible over 7 days and includes evenings and Bank Holidays, (any extra or unsociable hours compensated either by time off in lieu or extra pay at the going rate at the time).
Training and development: There is a training budget to develop additional competences and qualifications such as HHSRS, First Aid.
Reports to: You will be managing your own schedule but will report directly to Director Diane Bialek.
Location/mobility: Head Office in Nottingham with requirement to travel to all properties, events and training as required.
To deliver a first-class service to landlords, applicants and tenants through delivering a first-class lettings service that allows our landlords and tenants peace of mind that their properties are safe, secure and legally compliant. To identify opportunities and sell additional products and services.
You will have a hands-on approach to developing the lettings business in addition to managing 100 properties from day one.
- Manage/deliver the day to day administration of the letting’s portfolio
- Manage all areas of compliance including Selective Licence and Additional Licence requirements
- Answering calls, emails and face to face communication with tenants and landlords.
- Manage the planned and preventative maintenance schedule for our property portfolio to ensure it is compliant with health and safety, property and local authority regulations.
- Manage the financial administration.
- Manage reactive maintenance including defect management in line with Service Level Agreements and KPIs.
- Managing Out of Hours emergencies and response.
- Liaising with landlords and tenants keeping them up to date with rents, maintenance works and compliance
- Production and Management of maintenance schedules
- Line manage any administration staff within the letting’s office.
Desirable Knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 5 years lettings negotiator experience
- Proven track record of delivering a first-class lettings service
- Keeping property in good shape by producing and managing preventative property maintenance programmes.
- Experience of HMO properties
- Possess a relevant qualification e.g. HHSRS, ARLA registered
- Substantial experience of securing new listings/landlord contracts
- An understanding of maintenance schedules of rates, partnering contracts, housing repairs legislation and construction health and safety legislation.
- Being able to maximise rental income whilst lowering expenses and voids to increase the profitability of the business.
Nature and Scope
The Lettings Negotiator role is a specific job role within the Business.
Norman Galloway Ltd are looking for an experienced Lettings Negotiator ready to move on to the next level in their career. The successful applicant will to be based at their Nottingham office to deal with all aspects of the role, something that you will be familiar and comfortable with. You will be responsible for setting up our brand-new front-end office in addition to all of the usual for property viewings, letting properties, registering applicants, carrying out all aspects of administrative duties, in addition to dealing with tenants, landlords and applications and showing prospective tenants around properties. Experience is essential for this role; applications will not be considered unless you have the knowledge and experience to hit the ground running. Norman Galloway have all of the systems and processes in place ready for you to implement. You will be energetic, thorough and be able to deal effectively with people from all walks of life, strong organisation, planning and problem-solving skills are a must, in addition to looking for new opportunities to help our customers through our other products and services. You will hold a clean full driving licence and have use of your own car, be well turned out, diligent and go the extra mile to secure a deal. Norman Galloway will pay a competitive basic salary of around £16k Plus Commission – £20k OTE.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The role holder will be expected to participate in this process.