Multi Skilled Trades Person Required - Full time £23,000+ bonus
This is a full time Job opportunity for an experienced Multi Skilled Trades Person who will be an integral part of our team. We are a young property management agency who have a unique approach to the property market.
Job Title: Multi Skilled Trades Person
Job Sector: Property
Areas: Nottinghamshire/ East Midlands
Salary Band: Between £20-23,000.00+ depending on qualifications and experience but lots of potential for bonus.
Benefits: Highly competitive performance related bonus scheme, employee benefits programme (includes health plan, employee assistance programme and discounted retailer scheme), contributory pension plan, pool car/vehicle, laptop, mobile phone.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
We are offering the successful applicant a salary of up to £23,000.00 depending on skills and experience with a highly competitive bonus package, contributory pension scheme, attractive employee benefits package (including health plan, employee assistance programme and discounted retailer scheme), after a successful probationary period opportunity for the use of a company van, laptop and mobile phone.
This is what we are looking for:
- Experienced trades person.
- Skills in; Joinery, Gas, plumbing, electrical, building, decorating.
- Trade Qualifications desirable but not essential.
We are a Company with family values and enjoy delivering an exceptional service to our landlords and tenants for the good of the wider community.
Salary: £20,000 to £23,000.00 + Discretionary Bonus Scheme/ On Target Earnings.
Company Contributory Pension, Health Care Plan, Employee Assistance Programme and Retail Discount Card.
Holidays: 20 days holidays per year and 8 Bank Holidays.
Equipment: Laptop/tablet, mobile phone, pool car/van.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week which flexible over 7 days and includes evenings and Bank Holidays, (any extra or unsociable hours compensated either by time of in lieu or extra pay at the going rate at the time)
Training and development: There is a training budget to develop additional competences and qualifications such as CSCS card, HHSRS, PAT, Electrical, Health and Safety, First Aid.
Reports to: You will be managing your own schedule but will report intoDirector Diane Bialek.
Location/mobility: Head Office in Nottingham with requirement to travel to all properties as required.
Role purpose: To deliver a first-class service to landlords, applicants and tenants through delivering property management/maintenance services that allow our landlords and tenants peace of mind that their properties are safe, secure and legally compliant. To identify opportunities and sell additional products and services.
You will have a hands on approach to repairing and renovating properties.
- Manage the planned and preventative maintenance schedule for our property portfolio to ensure it is compliant with health and safety, property and local authority regulations.
- Manage procurement and working relationships with other suppliers and contractors.
- Carry out and manage reactive maintenance including defect management in line with Service Level Agreements and KPIs.
- Managing Out of Hours emergencies and response.
- Liaising with landlords and tenants keeping them up to date with maintenance works
- Production and Management of maintenance schedules
Desirable Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Keeping property in good shape by producing and managing preventative property maintenance programmes.
- Experience of HMO properties
- Possess a relevant Building Management qualification (HND, RICS or CIOB) or trade qualification.
- Substantial experience of carry out and managing a responsive repairs service.
- An understanding of maintenance schedules of rates, partnering contracts, housing repairs legislation and construction health and safety legislation.
- Being able to maximise rental income whilst lowering expenses and voids to increase the profitability of the business.
Nature and Scope
The Property Maintenance and Manager role is a specific job role within the Business.
The role provides an important service, with the aim of developing the repairs and maintenance side of the business to ensure the property is safe, secure and legally compliant.
Working on behalf of the Directors the job holder will endeavour to monitor the property maintenance process to ensure that all procedures are adhered to in accordance with property law and legislation. There is opportunity to help support, train and develop a maintenance team to meet and exceed all targets as required.
Whilst the Property Maintenance Manager will be expected to work flexibly across all work areas. The job holder needs to liaise with staff at all levels, as well as clients and third-party suppliers as appropriate.
It is important that he/she demonstrates fundamental relationship management skills and treats the work undertaken with confidentiality and integrity.
Above all the Property Maintenance Manager is a leader and role model who upholds the core values of the Company relating to integrity, honesty and trust to foster an energised, caring team environment.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The role holder will be expected to participate in this process.